This list of crimes was compiled from censored police reports and written by Lydia Sprague.

Armed road rage

Police responded to the area of Aloha Street and Aurora Avenue North at 7:30 p.m. on April 25 after a man called 911 reporting that somebody had just pulled a gun on him out of road rage.

The victim said he was riding his motorcycle northbound on Aurora just north of the Battery Street tunnel when a car cut him off. The victim flipped the middle finger to the driver and then sped around the car.

A few blocks later, near Comstock Street and Aurora, the suspect caught up to the victim and drove beside him. The suspect pointed a semiautomatic handgun at the victim.

The victim sped away and called 911 when he got off the highway. 

Extreme road rage

Around 2:17 a.m. on April 24, police officers were dispatched to a road-rage incident involving the display of handgun on Interstate 5.

The victim exited the freeway at Mercer Street, continued to Fifth Avenue North and stopped at Ninth Avenue North and Mercer Street. The suspect pursued the victim the whole time.

Several police units looked for the suspect’s vehicle, but the suspect was never found.

The victim said he was driving his car northbound on the freeway from the airport, and there was little traffic on the road. However, a car was tailgating him and changing lanes whenever he did.

After being tailgated for a while, the victim pulled over to the shoulder near the Seneca Street exit. The suspect vehicle pulled up alongside, and a male in the backseat of the suspect’s vehicle pointed a handgun at the victim.

The victim quickly began driving again, and the suspect’s vehicle followed all the way to Mercer Street.

The victim called 911, and when the suspects saw him on the phone, they left the area.

Drunken burglary

On April 27, around 2:30 a.m., police received several 911 calls reporting a possible burglary in progress in the 2800 block of 31st Avenue West.

The first call stated someone broke into his house, and the caller and his wife ran out. An update to the call stated the caller heard a lot of banging around and someone trying to get into an upstairs unit.

Another caller stated an intoxicated male was knocking on his front door.

Police contacted the victims outside of their home. They said they had woken up to a lot of loud banging upstairs and escaped through the bedroom window.

Police went to check the lower unit and found the front door locked.

They then approached the door to the upper unit. The doorframe was damaged, and part of the door jam was lying on the floor.

The lights were on inside, and someone was moving around inside. Officers knocked on the door, and it swung open, with the suspect standing inside.

After the suspect admitted he did not live there, he was taken into police custody.

Police spoke with the other 911 caller, a neighbor, who said an intoxicated man had been knocking on his door. The suspect said he was looking for his friends.

The neighbor said he saw the man leave and start knocking on the neighbor’s door.

Police weren’t able to contact the resident of the home the suspect broke into.

The suspect was booked into King County Jail for investigation of burglary. 

Traceable laptop

Police responded to a reported burglary in the 2600 block of Fourth Avenue North at 1:30 p.m. on April 25. The caller told police the burglary happened sometime overnight.

A laptop computer was stolen from under one of the staff desks in a staff room.

The caller said the exterior door to the building was likely left ajar by an employee, because when the first staff member arrived that morning, the door to the staff room was wide open. There were no obvious pry marks on this door.

The complainant said he thinks the suspect entered and took the computer between 6 p.m. and midnight, because the motion-sensing alarm in the staff room automatically turns on at midnight, and it was not tripped.

The staff IT technician said he tracked the computer to the area of Aurora Avenue North and North 85th Street between 1 and 4 a.m. that day. Staff went to that location and tried to narrow down where the tracking signal was coming from and determined it was somewhere in the 8500 block of either Aurora or Nesbit Avenue North.